Welcome to the Office of First Year Advising and Exploration (FYAE)! Throughout your Freshman year, FYAE will be your academic advising office at UCF. Your assigned first year academic advisor will communicate with you throughout the year about important dates, programs, and services.
News and Announcements
Are you considering withdrawal from a class? It is important that you consider the ramifications of this action and how this could impact your grade point average, financial aid eligibility and major requirements. The deadline to withdraw for this semester is Tuesday, March 18, 2014 (by 11:59 pm).
You may also attend a What does a “W” really mean? workshop on Monday, March 17, 2014 at 3:00 pm in Student Union 221.
If you are planning to take courses at another institution this summer (also known as taking transient courses) make sure you attend one of the workshops below. We will cover both the online process for Florida public institutions and the paper process for private or out-of-state institutions.
- Wednesday, 2/19 at 5pm (Neptune Community Classroom – Bldg. 158)
- Monday, 2/24 at 1:30pm (Neptune Community Classroom – Bldg. 158)
- Tuesday, 2/25 at 3pm (TA 303)
- Tuesday, 3/11 at 4pm (Neptune Community Classroom – Bldg. 158)
- Thursday, 3/20 at 3pm (TA 303)
Advisors will be available on first-come, first-served basis for walk-in advising on Walk-in Wednesdays and other select days throughout the semester in Howard Phillips Hall 116. Meet with an advisor via a walk-in appointment for any quick questions you may have.
Students must complete and print out the Walk-in Intake Form prior to checking in for a walk-in appointment.
The following locations are available to print the form (some locations have printing fees):
- UCF Library: Ground floor
- Student Union SGA Express Printing Lab: 1st floor across from Kaplan Test Prep
- Student Union SGA Computer Lab: Room 209
- Breezeway - The SPOT: Across from Barnes and Nobles bookstore
- UCF Technology Commons: Right next to the College of Science building
Check the FYAE Calendar for the walk-in times.