|Hours||Mon-Fri: 8am - 5pm|
|Location||Howard Phillips Hall 116|
Feb 19Transient Enrollment Workshop Teaching Academy: 301
Feb 21Walk-in Advising Howard Phillips Hall: 116
Feb 21FYAE Advisors on Location Tower II
Feb 28Walk-in Advising Howard Phillips Hall: 116
Feb 28Dealing with Dream Roadblocks Student Union: 223
Mar 1Transient Enrollment Workshop Teaching Academy: 301
Welcome to the office of First Year Advising and Exploration (FYAE)! FYAE is the primary academic advising office for first-time-in-college (FTIC) students. We will begin our advising relationship with you at orientation through the conclusion of your first year at UCF. For students who are undecided upperclassmen, FYAE will assist you with exploring majors and careers.
News and Announcements
Advisors will be available on a first-come, first-served basis for walk-in advising on Walk-in Wednesdays and other select days in Howard Phillips Hall 116. Walk-in advising is available for quick questions on a variety of topics. For more detailed questions and concerns, please schedule an appointment for increased time with your assigned academic advisor.
You must complete and print out the Walk-in Intake Form prior to checking in for a walk-in appointment. The following locations are available to print the form (some locations have printing fees):
- UCF Library: Ground floor
- Student Union SGA Express Printing Lab: 1st floor across from Kaplan Test Prep
- Student Union SGA Computer Lab: Room 209
- Breezeway - The SPOT: Across from Barnes and Nobles bookstore
- UCF Technology Commons: Right next to the College of Science building
Check the FYAE Calendar for the walk-in times.
FYAE requires FTIC students placed on Academic Probation for the spring 2018 semester to complete the following program requirements:
- Submit Academic Standing Questionnaire. (ASQ)
- Attend a Academic Probation Information Session during the first week of classes (January 8-11).
- Schedule one hour advising appointment with your FYAE advisor during your information session (Jan 8-11). After January 11th, please call 407/823-3789 to schedule your 1-hour appointment.
- Complete TWO (2) ACE Coaching Sessions with the Student Academic Resource Center (SARC).
FTIC Students placed on Academic Probation for spring 2018 should review their Knight's email account for more details about their change in academic standing and their requirements for FYAE during the spring 2018 semester.