The Knight Watch Program is a one (1) semester program designed to provide specialized academic support to first-year students with a UCF Cumulative GPA between a 2.0 and 2.59 at the end of their first semester. Participation in the Knight Watch Program is mandatory.
Knight Watch students are expected to complete the following requirements:
- Attend one (1) 45-minute academic advising appointment with their assigned FYAE academic advisor
- Meet with their assigned Knight Watch Peer Mentor for a total of two required meetings during the semester they are placed in the Knight Watch Program
Students are required to attend at least one (1) 45-minute academic advising appointment with their assigned FYAE academic advisor BEFORE the withdrawal deadline during the semester in which they are placed in the Knight Watch Program. The FYAE academic advisor will provide each student with an individualized plan of action to support the student’s successful transition into their following semester at UCF.
During the advising appointment, the FYAE Academic Advisor will:
- Discuss areas of concerns regarding students Knight Watch status and suggestions for improvement
- Provide tentative schedule planning for the subsequent semester
- Review of students General Education Program (GEP) progress, and major/minor requirements
- Provide referrals to additional campus resources as appropriate
Please keep in mind that FYAE walk-in advising does not fulfill this requirement.
To schedule an academic advising appointment, please call the FYAE office at (407) 823-3789 during normal business hours.
Knight Watch Peer Mentors
Students placed in the Knight Watch program will work with an assigned Knight Watch Peer Mentor throughout the semester. Knight Watch Peer Mentors are current upperclassmen UCF students who are highly involved on campus and have successfully navigated the university academically and professionally. Knight Watch Peer Mentors are trained to help their mentees succeed by guiding Knight Watch students through the UCF student perspective and experience.
Specifically, Knight Watch Peer Mentors will:
- Connect students to available campus engagement opportunities based on students individualized needs and interest
- Help students create and accomplish academic goals for the given semester
- Keep students accountable throughout the semester through collaborative and regular communication
Knight Watch students will want to take advantage of this wonderful opportunity to connect with other undergraduate students who are trained as Peer Mentors, and committed to supporting their success at UCF!
Students must schedule a meeting with their assigned Knight Watch Peer Mentor by visiting knightwatch.simplybook.me.
Don’t know who your Knight Watch Peer Mentor is? Check your Knights e-mail for this information, or e-mail Christopher.Craig2@ucf.edu.