Mission, Vision, Goals, and Awards
The mission of First Year Advising and Exploration is to contribute to successful college transitions and positive university experiences by providing quality advising programs to first year students in order to facilitate student success and enhance student retention.
Our mission is accomplished by providing individual advising services, innovative major exploration, technology-based advising and collaborative outreach services.
The vision of First Year Advising and Exploration is to become a national model of advising programs for first year students.
Facilitate FYAE advising programs that assist students with their transition to University life.
Promote participation in out of classroom programs that provide opportunities for student success.
Encourage early connections between students and advisors, peer advisors, and academic support services.
Provide quality advising services to first year students (freshman) through individual, outreach, and group advising.
Enhance student participation in college transition to sophomore year through programmatic efforts in the spring with UCF academic colleges and departments.
- Staff Award from Student Personnel Association (2011)
- UCF First Year Advocate Outstanding Department Award (2009)
- First Year Advocate Outstanding Staff Award (2012)
- Judy Boyte Innovative Academic Advising (2008)
- SDES Overall Excellence Award (2007)
- Staff Appreciation Award: UCF Higher Education and Policy Studies Graduate Program (2011)
- UCF First Year Advocate Outstanding Staff Award (2010)
- UCF Student Conduct Board "Returning Member of the Year" (2010)
- Judy Boyte Innovative Academic Advising (2009)
- First Year Advocate Staff Award (2014)